The Kona Cacao Association is currently seeking to hire an event manager to encompass both event coordination and promotion for the upcoming Big Island Chocolate Festival being held April 2018 at the Hapuna Beach Hotel on the Kohala Coast.
Details of Event Duties:
- Update online event page to promote event and sell tickets online
- Create timely engaging posts on Facebook and Twitter using the BICF FB page, KCA FB Page and target sponsors, statewide food media and chocolate enthusiasts via our Twitter account.
- Work with PR for outreach to bloggers to help promote the event online
- Write blog posts/content for the BICF website and KCA website as event details are available and publicize the posts through social media channels to drive interest and sharing.
- Create online promotions to create buzz and spur ticket sales.
Website Content and Development
- Work with KCF and BICF committee to gather event details and PR person to create compelling website content.
- Work with website developer on updating content, design and direction
- Work with photographer at event to ensure photos for website are created and received
- Work with design professionals in creating compelling advertising copy for posters/fliers/postcards and print ads.
- Work within the BICF budget to create partnerships and media sponsorships to gain as much value for our advertising dollars as possible.
- Project manage advertising placement in newspapers, radio and magazines to ensure budget, deadlines and goals are met.
Responsible for developing:
- Sponsor request and thank you letters
- Silent and live auction request and thank you letters
- Chef request and thank you letters
- Creation of event program along with event signage
Sponsorship Attainment and Promotion
- Assist KCA committee with re-acquiring 2018 sponsors and seeking out and contacting new sponsors.
- Developing and tracking sponsorship agreement contracts with each sponsor
- Gathering high resolution logos from confirmed sponsors
- Ensuring sponsor benefits are provided as per our contract with each.
- Thanking sponsors with blog and Facebook posts and formal thank you at end of event.
Volunteer Attainment, Coordination, Management and Appreciation
- Acquire, coordinate and project manage volunteers and Chairs for the Chocolate Festival Planning Team to ensure a cohesive flow of event planning.
- Chairs to be managed include: Symposium Chair, Farm Tour Chair, Silent Auction chair, Tickets sales chair, Chef Chair, Entertainment Chair, Volunteer Chair
- Attend and manage volunteer event planning meetings
- Create, manage and promote Volunteer Appreciation Party and check presentation to the charities post event.
Oversight of Student Competition
- Work with Chef Cheech Gannon on communication with Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel, setup and implementation of competition.
Oversight of Gala Competition:Work with KCA President Farsheed Bonakdar to ensure selection of professional judges stays within the event budget, secure hotel rooms, obtain biographies and work with PR firm to publicize their involvement. Facilitate competition and secure awards beforehand to be presented that night. Facilitate presentation of student and professional awards and mahalo gifts for judges.
Manage Festival Budget
- Develop the 2018 festival budget utilizing information from the prior events including new ideas for 2018
- Keep the budget in a GoogleDocs file so KCA members have access to it consistently.
Event logistics, design and planning
- Oversee all facets of Festival production including timeline and delivery.
- Work with Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel in choosing appropriate event spaces, create layout of space with mapping, ensure electricity and AV requirements are met, and work with their marketing staff to ensure maximum exposure.
- Confirm chefs and get all necessary food permit paperwork completed.
- Apprise KCA members on logistics and promotional plan on GoogleDocs throughout the planning and implementation phases of the Festival.
Oversee all facets of silent auction gift attainment, working with volunteers for help in attainment, set up, cash out and clean up at the Festival. Tracking gifts, ensuring proper placement of items at the event, create bid sheets and marketing signage and follow up with donors after event concludes. Keep-up-to date mailing list of gift donors and provide monthly updates to committee as attainment proceeds. Goal to raise minimum of $15,000.
Questions about the Big Island Chocolate Festival event management can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.